David C. Leopold, MD
David C. Leopold, MD specializes in Integrative medicine with interest in integrative pain management, wellness and lifestyle management, integrative cancer care, cardiovascular disease care, and lifelong weight management.
He is the Director of Integrative Medical Education at the Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine in La Jolla, California.
Dr. Leopold completed his medical internship and residency in Family Medicine at the University Of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine. Dr. Leopold completed a Fellowship in Integrative Pain Management at the Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine. He is a recipient of the Bravewell Scholarship for Integrative Medicine, and has completed a Fellowship at the University Of Arizona School Of Medicine, Program in Integrative Medicine, with Dr. Andrew Weil.
Dr. Leopold is a Diplomate of the American Academy of Family Medicine and is Board Certified in Family Medicine.
Dr. Leopold is also Diplomate of the American Board of Holistic Medicine and a Diplomate of the American Academy of Pain Management.
He is a certified medical acupuncturist, and has advanced training in non-pharmacological treatment of pain and diseases, including natural supplements, food as medicine and mind-body medicine.
His recent publications include,
- Integrative Approaches to Rheumatologic Conditions, Kelly’s Textbook of Rheumatology,
- A Dietary Approach to Reducing Inflammation through Adaptation of an Anti-Inflammatory Diet The Pain Practitioner, January 2006
- Boswellia serrata for Inflammatory Conditions. Alternative Medicine Alert. October 2005
- An Ayurvedic Approach to Cardiovascular Disease. Textbook of Integrative Cardiology
- multiple articles in local newspapers