Meenakshi Khatta, NP
Meenakshi Khatta is a nurse practitioner at University of Maryland, cardiology. She graduated from University of Maryland school of nursing. She strives to provide compassionate, integrative care to her patients. She also teaches at University of Maryland school of nursing. She mentors nursing and medical students. She participates in research projects in her department.
Meenakshi is a proud mother of two children. She actively participates in community activities such as volunteering in health fairs. Her interests include doing Yoga practice, meditating, running, hiking and traveling.
Her publications include:
- Alternative approach to treating pain, Medscape, 07/07
- Gottlieb SS, Khatta M, Friedmann E, Einbinder L, Katzen S, Baker B, Marshall J, Minshall S, Robinson S, Fisher M, Potenza M, Sigler B, Baldwin C, Thomas SA. The Influence of Age, Gender, and Race on the Prevalence of Depression in Heart Failure Patients. Journal of American College of Cardiology, Vol 43, No. 9, 2004; 1542-1549
- Thomas SA, Friedmann E, Khatta M, Cook LK, Lann AL. Depression in patients with Heart Failure. AACN Clinical Issues. Vol 14, February 2003;3-12
- Gottlieb SS, Khatta M, Wentworth D, Roffman D, Fisher ML, Kramer WG. The effects of diuresis on the pharmacokinetics of loop diuretics in patients with heart failure. Am J Med 1998; 104: 533-538
- Khatta M, Alexander B.S., Krichten C.M., Freudenberger R., Fisher M. L., Robinson S. W., Gottlieb S. S., The Effect of Coenzyme Q 10 in patients with Congestive Heart Failure. Annals of Internal Medicine 2000; 132: 636-640
- Miller M., Rhyne J., Khatta M., Parekh H., Zeller, K., Prevalence of the APOC3 Promoter Polymorphisms T-455C and C-482T in Asian-Indians. The American Journal of Cardiology Vol. 87 January 15,2001; 220-221